Thursday, December 2, 2010

People of Baku


Kids from the neighbourhood :)

Of course, the best photos were taken by J :) 
(the one above and the one below)


Nard - Azeri backgammon. Very popular with local men.


Some very nice school kids. I reckon, in the UK they would all be sticking their middle fingers up!

Ladies making bread in the old town.


He actually asked me to take a picture of him...

This is why Baku is not boring ;)


The omnipresent Heydar Aliyev - deceased former president, the leader of the nation and the father of the current president.

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures Alicia. I like the most picture of ladies making bread because it shows mix of old traditions and new era (cars behind them). But picture which probably won´t let me sleep is No. 6. This small chair looks like plastic chair, but it has to be made of steel. Otherwise I will ask you to bring me one piece of that miracle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear m. you always see things that others don't even notice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures Alicja & Jus, love the snapshot of local life x bianca

    ReplyDelete